While the range hood and counters are an obvious mark of progress I have been busy fixing my early mistakes. The two cabinets flanking the stove were completely re-created this week to fix all the awkward angles and issues. After evaluating all the cabinets it makes me think I'm going to need a lot of wood filler before I paint.
I also made some trips to the hobby shop and found some great little hinges for the cabinets, one problem solved! I've been playing around with them and should have them on next time.
While there I picked up my order of 1:12 brick plastic sheets in the "clean" style. I'd been waiting for two months and thankfully there arrival is in perfect timing with the progress of the kitchen.
These brick sheets will be painted white with a gloss. The counters a white marble with grey/black veins and the cabinets a matte white.
The counters are 1/8" basswood with the front edge rounded on the top. I'm thinking I might have to re-do the piece along the wall with the sink but I ran out of wood for now. The counters have an 1/8" over hang off the cabinets.
Everything is looking much more solid with the counters on and the sink fits in a lot nicer too. They aren't glued yet, but that will happen after paint.
Cottage season is slowly but surely coming to an end but it means more time for minis! I can't wait to see this kitchen finished and start on the other rooms in the house ;)